Hold an Event
TBTN Event Holder Network and Listing
Take Back The Night Events are held annually in over a thousand communities throughout the United States and around the world. Each is a unique expression of a particular community’s vision and goals. The TBTN Foundation supports Event Holders with our planning manual, fundraising ideas, keynote speakers and presenters, banners, t-shirts and other gear. Many of our Board Members have decades of TBTN event planning and involvement. The White House has provided “Swag Bags” for our DC Event and Morimoto Bags were donated to our NYC Event! Register your Take Back The Night Event with TBTNF by completing the 2020 or 2021 Eventbrite Form.
Steps to Hold a TBTN Event
Step One: Register your Event with TBTNF so we can list your event on our site and become eligible for donations from bands, artists, speakers, and others who can support your event. We can help promote your event and maximize attendance and visibility. There is no fee to register, and you have the option of receiving discounted TBTN gear, shirts and a banner. Register your 2020 or 2021 Event.
Step Two: Download and read the TBTN Event Manual to get started. Let us know if you’d like help from the Foundation with fund-raising, gear, or speakers. Need stories to read, chants, poems, music, or survivors who are willing to present at Take Back The Night–just let us know! The Manual offers step-by-step planning guidance, ideas and options to make your event unique, strategies for fund-raising, networking and more!
Step Three: After your event, complete the Post-Event Survey. Send in your photos or videos to share your empowerment with others! Stay in touch with our list-serve and bi-annual newsletter. More questions? Contact Us.
TBTN Event Holder Essentials and Risk Management
TBTN Event Holders should utilize risk management practices and comply with laws, ordinances, and other policies. Here are some essentials:
1. Mission: Events support the mission of ending sexual violence in all forms, raising awareness about sexual violence and supporting survivors of sexual violence.
2. History and Documentation: TBTN Events have been held around the world for decades. The Foundation keeps records of TBTN Events and Event activities, itineraries, contact points, photos, videos, and other memorabilia.
3. Funding and Fundraising: We can help Event Holders with fundraising and donation requests. The Foundation has ideas, manuals and volunteers who are available to help support your Event.
4. Publicity for TBTN Events: Link your Social media, websites, and other publicity with the Foundation’s site and social media sites for a boost in visibility and SEO ratings!
6. Event Supplies: We can help with banners, shirts, keychain whistles, wristbands, glowsticks, candles, and more.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
5K Walk or Run for the Night! (Or Glow Yoga or Bike for the Night)
Some TBTN Event Holders have turned their events into Runs or Walks . Walk (or run) with at night with our glow-in-the-dark wristbands and shirts. Obtain pledges and raise funds for prevention and awareness in schools and bystander education for Foundation educational efforts. Walks can be as short as 1-2 miles or as long as 5-10. They are a great way to build community participation and unite people of all ages in supporting an end to sexual and domestic violence. We can also help you organize a Yoga, Biking, Dance or other TBTN-Themed Event!
Please contact us and we will be glad to help you organize your Walk or Run.