Hold an Event
Speakouts, Vigils, Marches, Walks, Runs, Yoga, Poetry, Music and More!
Who Can Hold a TBTN Event?
Take Back The Night Events are held annually in over a thousand communities throughout the United States and around the world. Each is a unique expression of a particular community’s vision and goals. The TBTN Foundation supports Event Holders with our planning manual, fundraising ideas, keynote speakers and presenters, banners, t-shirts and other gear. Many of our Board Members have decades of TBTN event planning and involvement. The White House has provided “Swag Bags” for our DC Event and Morimoto Bags were donated to our NYC Event!
View our hundreds of event holders here.
How to Hold a TBTN Event
Step One: Register your Event with TBTNF so we can list your event on our site and become eligible for donations from bands, artists, speakers, and others who can support your event. We can help promote your event and maximize attendance and visibility. There is no fee to register, and you have the option of receiving discounted TBTN gear, shirts and a banner. Register your 2020, 2021, or 2022 Event.
Step Two: Download and read the TBTN Event Manual to get started. Let us know if you’d like help from the Foundation with fund-raising, gear, or speakers. Need stories to read, chants, poems, music, or survivors who are willing to present at Take Back The Night–just let us know! The Manual offers step-by-step planning guidance, ideas and options to make your event unique, strategies for fund-raising, networking and more!
Step Three: After your event, complete the Post-Event Survey. Send in your photos or videos to share your empowerment with others! Stay in touch with our list-serve and bi-annual newsletter. More questions? Contact Us.
TBTN Event Essentials & Risk Management
TBTN Event Holders should comply with local laws and follow risk management practices. Please review the following guidelines:
1. Mission: TBTN Events should support the mission of ending sexual violence in all forms, raising awareness about sexual violence and supporting survivors of sexual violence.
2. Living History: TBTN Events have been held around the world for decades. Please send us your itinerary, photos, videos, and any other relevant items after your event to add to our history.
3. Fundraising: If you raise money using the TBTNF name or logo, you’ll need to work with us on setting up your fundraiser and how to donate monies raised. We have lots of ideas for fundraising, including manuals, Eventbrite sites, and more.
4. Publicity: Link your Social media, websites, and other publicity with the Foundation’s site and social media sites for a boost in visibility and support for other event holders.
5. Event Supplies: Using the TBTN logo is permissible only on printed posters. Please order your banner, shirts, wristbands, and other branded items from TBTNF. We can customize any giveaway with your logo and slogans. Just contact us.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
5K Walks, Run for the Night, & Bike for the Night
Some TBTN Event Holders have Runs, Bike Events, Yoga Events or Walks. Many feature our glow-in-the-dark wristbands and shirts and raise funds for prevention and awareness in schools and bystander education for TBTNF’s educational programs. Walks can be as short as 1 mile or as long as you’d like. They are a great way to build community participation and unite people of all ages in supporting an end to sexual and domestic violence.
Read more about holding one of these events here.