Our Commitment to Privacy
This Policy may be changed or updated from time to time. By visiting the Take Back The Night Foundation Website or using any of our apps, resources, including our intake forms, webinars, and story sharing form, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
The Data We Collect
Our website provides access to our services, events, opportunities, and resources. We collect information about our online visitors directly from our visitors to communicate with our supporters, sponsor and process sales transactions. We do not sell it to other organizations.
When you use our website or apps to make a financial contribution, register for a class or special event, sign up to volunteer, apply for an internship, share your story, use our legal intake form, learn about the National Sexual Assault Justice Hotline, we may ask you for your name, address, phone number(s), and other information relevant to the transaction. We will ask for standard credit card information when you make a financial donation, pay for a class, or make a purchase.
We also collect non-personal information about our online visitors using “cookies”, pixels, web beacons, and other technologies that operate automatically when you visit our website. We use this information to give our website visitors a more relevant online experience and to help us make website improvements. The information helps us understand which parts of our websites are the most popular, where our online visitors are going, and how long they spend there. If you do not want us to collect information using cookies, you can disable this function in your browser. If you block cookies from us, however, you may not be able to see personalized content and our website may not function optimally.
How We Secure Data
We use a variety of security measures to protect your data. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of personally identifiable information.
We protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, those companies also use encryption and other appropriate security measures.
No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but we are always working to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms.
How We Use Your Information
If you provide Take Back The Night Foundation with personal information when you visit our websites or use our other applications, we may use the information in our programs and activities. We may enter your information into one of our databases so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, request donations, or provide a more personalized online experience.
The Take Back The Night Foundation does not sell, trade, or share our donors’ personally identifiable information with any other entity, except as described below. We do not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations unless the donor has given us specific permission to do so.
On occasion, the Take Back The Night Foundation may share your information with our vendors and other partners that help us with our activities and programs. For example, we share information with vendors that help us fulfill orders, manage data, and process donations and credit card payments. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality rules and are permitted to use the information only to support Take Back The Night Foundation operations. We also disclose information as required by law.
The Take Back The Night Foundation is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your information. We have procedures to check for errors, and our systems are periodically audited to make sure we process your information securely and accurately.
The Take Back The Night Foundation has a variety of programs that may involve minors. We recommend that children and parents will visit our website and use our applications together, so they can jointly learn about the Take Back The Night Foundation and our resources and programs. The hotline, legal intake form and story share form require the consent of a parent for minors to use these resources.
Contact Us About Privacy
If you need to contact us about privacy issues, please write to:
Take Back The Night Foundation
Attn: Legal Affairs
PO Box 332
Wayne, PA 19087
SERVICE ACCESS AND USE LICENSE
- Limitations on Copying and Distribution. You may download or copy downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that You maintain and display all copyright, trademark and other notices contained therein.
- Non-Solicitation. You may not post or transmit through the Service any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Service or any materials accessed through the Service.
- Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices, including copyright and trademark notices, or labels from the Service on any materials accessed through the Service.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring Your use of the Service is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Service in order to view information and materials or submit Material (as defined below) of any kind, You represent that You: (i) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or between thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) years of age and using the Service with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) are registered to the extent required, and have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by TBTNF; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s account without that person’s permission.
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Service or its operation;
- Materials that are vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, misleading, or false;
- unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
- Materials that encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- Materials that harm minors;
- Materials that impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent Your affiliation with any entity; or
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Service.
- CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION. We are concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information through the Sites without verifiable parental consent, we will use our best efforts to remove such information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information through the Sites without verifiable parental consent, they should contact us at the address listed above.
- LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES. TBTNF may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other services. TBTNF is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. TBTNF expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
- LINKS TO THIS SERVICE. You may link to the Service provided that You do so in a way that indicates that the link is direct to a TBTNF Service and is fair and not misleading. You may not integrate or make use of all or part of the Service in ways that would confuse or mislead visitors as to the nature and origin of the Service’s content.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. You expressly agree that use of the service is at your sole risk and you assume all risk. The service and its information, content, materials, products, services, and user content is provided on an “as available,” “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TBTNF and its licensors disclaim all warranties with respect to the service, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of non-infringement, title, merchantability, quiet enjoyment, quality of information, fitness for a particular purpose, and results that may be obtained from use of the service. TBTNF does not endorse, recommend, or make any warranties as to the content, information, materials, user materials, features, services, products, opinions, or statements available on or through the service or through links on the service. TBTNF does not warrant that the service will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the service will be corrected. You specifically acknowledge that TBTNF is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS. Content on the service is not intended to substitute for professional advice of any kind. In particular, nothing contained on the service is or should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding personal health or medical conditions. Never disregard or avoid professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read, heard or seen on the service.
TBTNF does not represent or warrant that product information on the service is accurate or complete, as information may be provided by product manufacturers or suppliers, and on occasion manufacturers may modify their products and update their labels. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on the service and that you consult the product’s label or contact the manufacturer directly if you have a specific concern or question about a product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or the limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so some of the above may not apply to You.
- ONLINE SHOPPING. All product and service descriptions and depictions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on the Service does not imply or warrant that such products or services will be available. In the event a product or service available on or through the Service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, TBTNF will have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product or service listed at the incorrect price, whether due to a typographical error, an error in information received from TBTNF’s suppliers or providers, or otherwise. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation neither signifies TBTNF’s acceptance of Your order, nor constitutes confirmation of TBTNF’s offer to sell. TBTNF reserves the right at any time after receipt of Your order to accept or decline Your order for any reason. TBTNF may charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders, otherwise. You are solely responsible for all sales or other taxes, on orders shipped to You. If You wish to purchase any product made available through the Service, You may be asked to supply certain information relevant to such transaction including, without limitation, Your credit card number, its expiration date and security code, the billing address, and any shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD(S) OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD(S) UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such credit card or payment information, You grant to the TBTNF the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of any transactions initiated by You or on Your behalf. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any such transaction. It is Your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any product or service purchased from the Service. By placing an order, You represent that the products and services ordered will be used only in a lawful manner pursuant to any additional terms that may accompany them. Except as otherwise set forth herein, the risk of loss for and title to products or services purchased on the Service passes to You upon electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, as applicable.
Business customers must submit a Credit Approval and Purchase Order form. Customers who are approved for credit extensions will receive an invoice following order shipment. Invoices are produced four (4) times monthly so there may be more than one (1) order on an invoice for the same bill-to address and the same or different ship-to addresses. We do not send invoices to addresses outside the United States and its territories.
You may opt into Electronic Invoice Delivery for the established account. You will provide a valid email address on your Credit Approval and Purchase Order form. You will receive a link in the email to a PDF copy of your invoice. The link expires thirty (30) days from receipt of the email. You confirm that you are authorized to opt-in to electronic invoice delivery of TBTNF Store invoice(s) on behalf of You or Your organization to one (1) designated email address. You understand that You or Your organization will not receive an invoice via postal mail after You have been successfully enrolled in electronic delivery. If the billing contact or invoice delivery email address changes for Your account, You will update that information by contacting Billing Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. You or Your organization is responsible for payment regardless of receipt of the electronic invoice. If invoices are not received as expected, You understand that it is Your responsibility to contact Billing Support.
Payment Terms are as described for each product or service. Past due amounts shall be subject to collections actions and may be referred to an external collections agency which will result in the termination of Your invoicing privileges. Credit card payment will be required if invoicing privileges are suspended or terminated.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE. TBTNF is committed to complying with copyright and related laws and requires all users of the Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, You may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third-party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of TBTNF to terminate use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to TBTNF by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If You feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, TBTNF encourages You to contact TBTNF immediately. Upon TBTNF’s receipt of a proper written notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA, TBTNF will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow all other relevant procedures specified in the DMCA with regard to the claimed infringement. The designated agent of TBTNF (i.e., the proper party) to whom You should address such notice is listed below.
If You believe that Your work has been copied and posted using the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide TBTNF’ designated agent with a written communication containing the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located to permit TBTNF to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in Your report is accurate and that You are the owner of the exclusive right in the copyright that is allegedly infringed or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
TBTNF’s designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Take Back The Night Foundation
Attn: Legal Affairs
PO Box 332
Wayne, PA 19087
- INTERNATIONAL USERS. While all Services are controlled and operated within the United States, the Services may be distributed internationally. TBTNF makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Services are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If You access or use a Service from a location outside the United States, You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and product use, national laws and policies, and U.S. export laws and regulations.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold TBTNF and its affiliates and its and their respective governors, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of Your use of the Service.
- TRADEMARK INFORMATION. The TBTNF name and logo are federally protected and registered marks of TBTNF and protected under United States Code, Title 18, Section 706. All other trademarks displayed on this Service or through links to other services are the property of the respective trademark owners.