Runs, Walks, and Bike Events
Hold a Run, Walk, or Bike event any time during the year to raise awareness and support TBTNF.
- February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month.
- March is Women’s History Month.
- March is Safe Spring Break Week.
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- May is Senior Week.
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Any group can organize an event – advocacy programs, crisis centers, corporations, agencies, individuals, colleges, universities, high schools, hospitals or other service organizations. Planning and execution are the responsibility of the organizer with guidance from TBTNF. Organizers agree to:
• Comply with all TBTNF Event Holder requirements as stated in the TBTN Manual, including to waive, release, and discharge TBTNF from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the event organizer, event attendees and/or sponsors, for any death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur as a result of holding an event.
• Conduct fundraising through the TBTNF’s Eventbrite Site we create specifically for your event. Donations are made directly to TBTNF and tax receipts are available.
Let us know you want to hold a fundraising Run, Walk, or Bike event for TBTNF by completing the Contact Us Form. We will create an event site specifically for your event. Participants both register and seek donations/sponsorships through this site. Participants can share a unique donation link through their social media and other websites such as that of their employer or other organizations to which they belong.
Cash donations can be collected at the event and sent in to TBTNF as a money order. Please keep a log of all cash donations to include the name, email address and physical address of the donor.
What is the difference between a these events and a Take Back The Night Event? These events are both fundraisers for TBTNF and awareness events to end sexual violence. Regular TBTN events feature speak-outs, vigils, and are not fundraising events.
We look forward to your support!